Pay It Forward: Get Some Good Karma Going With Elmer’s and the Peeps Over At Adopt A Classroom
I know a lot of you are knee deep in a
cocktail pool right now and really don’t want to think about that time of year that rhymes with Shmack To Bool buuuuuuut, this is for a good cause so I know you’ll forgive me.
You see, Elmer’s glue is sponsoring a promotion to donate a crap load of money to Adopt a Classroom. And we bloggers can help by spreading the word while also donating a virtual bag of supplies to our peeps. By following the rules I’m posting below, $10 was donated to the cause just like that! You should tote get in on the action.
Word on the street is you can also help by shopping for Back To School supplies at Walmart- buy a few extra while you’re there and donate them to educators in schools that are less fortunate. I know the Benjamins are tight for all of us these days, but I think even a package of extra Sharpies or a set of dry erase markers could make a deserving teacher’s day. It’s called paying it forward people.
I plan on hitting Walmart later this week (when Mr. Mimi can chill with the Mini at home for me) and donating some of the following oh-so-drool-worthy supplies. Enjoy the eye candy and then scroll down to see how you can help too!
*sigh* And that will just be the beginning of my basket. Thanks Crafty Mom of 4 for letting me in on the good karma.
In an effort to spread the love, I’m going to send a virtual bag of school supplies to:
(I’d send a bag to all of you, but honestly? My brain is fried from all the linking and photos and cutting and pasting. Plus, Mini Mimi is about to wake from her late afternoon slumber!)
But you can join in too:
Help Elmer’s Help Adopt-A-Classroom
Helping classrooms in need this back to school season is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3
1. Write a post about this charity blog meme
2. Send a virtual bag of school supplies to another blogger and challenge them to join the #bagitforward movement
3. Link up your post at BagItForward.org
Easy peasy! Elmer’s just donated $10 for your post to Adopt-A-Classroom!
Here are the details of the program
Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom with your participation. Join now!
The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward is charity blog meme, bloggers are able to raise $10 per blog post for Adopt-A-Classroom by writing a blog post and donating a virtual bag of school supplies . Elmer’s will donate $10 per each post written to Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward and by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom.
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 12 PM EST on August 12, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text into your blog post:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by August 12, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.
I gotta say, Mrs. Mimi, with all the money Walmart puts into anti-union, anti-teacher stuff, I wouldn't spend a dime there. When their butcher department voted to unionize, they eliminated it. When a store of theirs voted to unionize, they closed it. I think there are far better ways to support schools than funneling our money through Walmart, which supports every "reform" that comes down the pike.
Alternatively, you could save money by shopping at union-friendly Costco and donate directly to Adopt a Classroom or schools in need. Walmart, despite whatever glitzy PR they're running this week, is not about helping teachers.
Thank you for sharing Mrs. Mimi!
We start back in a few short weeks(teachers the 10th of august, students the 16th) so we are knee deep in the back to school rush. My living room has been taken over and I cannot wait to take it to my classroom. I will be checking out these links to "share the wealth".
Thanks so much for participating 🙂
Thanks for the 'virtual' supplies… I can almost smell the Sharpies. 🙂
For all that Walmart has its flaws – this is a campaign for a worthy cause. Given that schools are apparently so shamefully underfunded in the US, it would seem to be cutting off your nose to spite your face to not participate in raising $10,000 for classrooms that really need the help!
Good on you for taking part and raising funds for such an important cause 🙂