Capes for Everybody!!
Over at Joanne Jacobs, I discovered that several fabulous teachers were passing around a meme that lists Amazing Feats of Super Teachery. GENIUS!! (Everyone wants in on this cape look evidently.) (Can you blame them?)
I thought I would take a few minutes this morning and share some of mine because a) I never pass up an opportunity to toot my own horn and b) I would LOVE to hear some of yours!
So without further ado, and in no particular order, My Personal Feats of Fabulous Super Teachery:
* I can hold my pee for hours on end. HOURS. This skill is only rivaled by the talents of the camel.
(You HAD to know that one was coming.)
* I can stop a child dead in his or her naughty little tracks with the subtle lift of an eyebrow. (A skill I also feel free to pull out in other places such as Costco, malls and restaurants.)
* I can hold my teaching focus while watching a mouse scurry across the back of my classroom, drawing no attention to the visiting vermin.
* I can cross more items off a To Do List in one hour than any other adult professional.
* I have a somewhat inappropriate obsession with office supplies, picture books and pieces of student art.
* I do a mean Strega Nona impression and can literally perform selected scenes from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory complete with character voices and mannerisms.
* I hold a heinous amount of information about such elementary school science topics such as hibernation, photosynthesis and the various classifications of rock typically found in Central Park.
* I am a proud human shield, blocking my little friends from the overwhelming amount of political, administrative and general bullshit raging outside our classroom door. All with a smile on my face. A HUGE cup of coffee doesn’t hurt either.
Well, it’s finally the weekend. So take a moment and toot your own horn!!