Going For It in 2010
All right, y’all…I’m going to do it. Or at least try to do it. (Like that disclaimer right up front? Doesn’t do a whole lot to inspire confidence, does it?) I am going to post every day in January.
The NaBloPoMo theme for January is BEST. I will try to be at mine. (And here comes another disclaimer…) But I can’t promise anything since I’ve never had the cajones to even attempt posting every day. I’m thinking “Best of My Blog” posts, “Best of the Worst” (meaning people I’ve worked with posts), “Best of the Blogs” (meaning other people’s), “Best of the Friends” (meaning my little ones)….I think you get the point. I hope you’re excited. I think I am.
Why am I doing this now? I guess all of a sudden I realized, dude…I’m not in the classroom this year, what the hell am I doing with my time? Because as many of you know, nothing trumps the uber-productivity of a teacher during the school year. I am going to try to recapture some of this teacher mojo by making several public promises right here. Right now. (It’s on.)
In 2010 I WILL:
1. Finish my freaking dissertation and make all of you refer to me as Dr. Mimi. That’s right…it may not last forever, but probably until the student loan bills are paid off (a.k.a. forever).
2. Post more often, hence this NaBloPoMo insanity.
3. Comment more on all of your fabulous blogs. After two plus years of blogging myself, I am still a sucker for watching that comment number grow bigger and bigger (along with my ego) and so I will try to do the same for you. Try.
4. Attempt to remain relevant and hilarious.
5. Launch a fabulous website a la Mrs. Mimi style. (I’m not sure what “a la Mrs. Mimi style” truly means except that this site will be kick-ass amazing and you won’t know how you lived without it previously. WATCH OUT! Clearly more to come on this…)
6. Oh yea, and have a baby. You know, in my spare time.
Oh, and one more…just for luck or whatever. Number 8: I hope to publish another book. Notice the word “hope”. It is an important one.
So there you have it. I have made a commitment and I have made it public. Now let’s see if I can keep it.
Happy New Year everyone!